4.22.2007



I HAVE been stitching ... a bit. :o) Here is my finished Stargazer. It's hard to get a pic (w/out a camera) because she's so big ... just over 24" but I like her. Might eventually remake her on the correct size fabric, I just love the way she looks. I opted not to put on all the beads around her as it's on an afghan, but I might do some sort of border, eventually. I dunno. I was thinking some sort of PR border in a variegated blue might work out ok. I have to do some sort of something with the afghan border else it will just unravel.

And this is one of the new freebies on the Chatelaine website - Snowman's Way Home. I thought it was cute. I did this over the last 2 days, pretty much only the one border to go - well, other than that one tree that is. I opted for silver instead of gold - just cuz - and chose not to put in the moon. I had it, but didn't like it. It's 2 over on 32 ct Silkweaver something-or-other fabric. It seemed to fit. :o) And I wimped out and used beads instead of xs for the stars. I think it fits w/the fabric. (update: wow. this one looks nasty all blown up ... it really doesn't look this bad IRL. I swear!! :o)

OH ... not that I'm much of a fan, but how 'bout them Red Sox!!!! WOW! Even if the Yankees do win this game ... still very impressive!!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Ooh, really like the freebie-it's very pretty. Stargazer looks wonderful too. You are so good with the Mirabilia's!

Carol said...

Nice job on your Stargazer - huge congratulations to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting Stargazer finished - she looks awesome! :D And your new freebie is real cute ... might have to check that one out myself ;)

Michelle said...

Congrats on finishing Stargazer - she looks beautiful on that color background. Your snowman is cute too!

Vanessa said...

Stargazer is Stunning! I have a Mirabilia I started - one of the mermaids series - If I can get back to it I know it will be gorgeous as it is filled with beads and such! Nice work! See! No lurking here! :)