7.27.2006

Like I don't have ENOUGH stash ...


I had to go and buy more!!! I won this kit off Ebay yesterday and can't WAIT for it to get here, it's "Queen Mermaid" by Mirabilia. I've been watching everyone's progress on their Mermaids and decided I wanted to do one. I was thinking of the Halloween Fairy by Mirabilia but I'm thinking it's going to be this one now. Right next to the Winter Beauty Princess, I should probably get all the stuff for both at about the same time. I'll be busy for awhile. In a good way!

And OH MY GAWD have your seen Gill's finished "Emerald Mermaid" @ Chewed Away ?!!! Incredible, truly. (Sorry, I haven't figured out how to make a link yet. :o)

Cab Driver Story Ahead:

I don't know what everyone thinks about cab drivers, I know I get a lot of grief because most folks are not expecting someone clean, female and english speaking that drives a cab. But almost every night in my car evokes some sort of amusing "story". Here's one from last night:

I get sent to a call at about 11p at a local bar. I go pick up this guy and after greetings he tells me he just can't sleep and wants to go someplace still open where he can see some "naked bodies". I first ask him what sort of naked bodies he's looking for, male or female (Ya never know until you ask anymore!!). And he got VERY offended that I would even CONSIDER asking about male bodies.

(This gets louder as he goes along) "... do I LOOK gay to you? I'll have you know that I'm married, TO. A. WOMAN, and happily for more than 15 years. I don't know why you would even THINK of asking me this. I don't know WHAT'S wrong with you. I think I might just have to call your office tomorrow and make a complaint that you would just RANDOMLY decide to ask me if I'm gay. HOW DARE YOU!!" And on in this vein for about a minute.

I let him rattle on until he wore down and said "Sir, I'm sorry if I offended you, but ONE I didn't ASK if you were gay, I asked what sort of bodies you were looking to see, I don't MAKE random assumptions. And TWO, the bar I picked you up at was a gay bar."

He just sorta stared at me for a bit ... "Uhhhhhh ... what? Really? Oh, sorry. I must be getting old. Just take me to my hotel. I have to go call my wife."

I laughed on that one for the better part of an hour.

Happy Day all!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Pretty! I have Mermaid of the Pearls in my stash, but who knows when I will get to it! Thanks for the laugh too - I needed it!

Anonymous said...

The mermaids ARE beautiful. I can't wait to follow your progress on this one.

And that cab fare? Oh my gosh, hysterical! Methink the gentleman doth protest too much. LOL

Rachel Leigh Smith said...

Cab story: LOL!!!!!

QM is one of the prettiest Mira's out there. The model shot does NOT do her justice in any way. It was my first Mira, I stitched her up in about 4 months. She is unbelievably sparkly. Most of her bodice is stitched with Kreinik in 085 which is a really pretty peacock inspired blend of teal greens and dark blues. The Water Lily linen is actually a pale pale blue. I was very surprised when mine came. It was a pain to stitch on because the weave is thin but the finished piece is so stunning.