6.30.2006

My (official) 1st sbq!!!

I HAVE ARRIVED!!!!! Wooo Hooooooo!!! I always felt so left out before. :o)

Today's SBQ was suggested by Cheryl and is:

What do you do with your charts once you've stitched them? Do you keep
them or dispose of them? If you keep them, do you organize them in a
way that is different from the way you keep your unstitched charts?

Ans: I don't keep my charts, at all. I rarely re-do anything I've done before, there are so many other things I want to do and I know NO one that I could gift them to.

OK, let me say that since I've been reading blogs and spending more time online with this stuff I've come to realize that I'm a Bad Stitcher. I don't do many things like others. I don't know ANYone else that cross stitches. Or even anyone that crafts. AT all. I've always been a subversive crafter. I work in a predominantly male driven (heh heh ... "driven" ... get it?! cab driver ... driven ... okay my 'Butthead' moment is over) world. I don't have many friends and none of them craft. I'm not very sociable (other than my job o' course :o)so I don't do the crafting store classes.

I didn't realize I COULD do anything remotely crafty until I was about 18, I took a drawing class in college and had this "Whoa .... I can DRAW" epiphany then went on to do everything else I could w/my hands, all self-taught. Now I think about how all the 'arts' are being taken out of schools for lack of funding and I feel for kids. I just got lucky I didn't end up in jail like MANY of the people that are artistic and have no outlet. (I did a study a little while back. Interesting stuff.)

NOW ... on to the good stuff! I made this last night. I made one similar to this for J's ma on Mom's Day and she loved it so she gets one for her Bday as well. Took about 6 hrs, only had to stitch the bfly ... I love these quick stitch kits. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something. :o)

And for Jules: I'm a catnapper. I sleep about 2-3 hrs a time maybe 2x/day and am only allowed to drive a max of 14hrs/24 hr period so I have plenty o' time to play. Lemme tell ya, my J had a HARD time adjusting to that when he moved in. It was amusing. Hey, if it's good enough for Einstein then should be ok for me. He (J, not Einstein ;o) came to me the other day and said he read a study on the 'net about this type of sleeping pattern and the results. He told me "... well, I guess it's all right for you to sleep like this." And now that I have his PERmission, I guess it's all good.

Toodles
M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering the SBQ I suggested!